Through February 28, the SABR Baseball Cards Research Committee is accepting nominations for the Jefferson Burdick Award for Contributions to the Hobby.
Nominations should come from active SABR members (click here to join) and honor a living person who has made significant contributions to the hobby of baseball card collecting in such areas as—
- Collector resources (e.g., publications, websites, communities, events)
- Expanding access to or enjoyment of the Hobby
In short, we are looking for the individuals who have made baseball card collecting better for the rest of us.
NOMINATION AND AWARD PROCESS
Have someone in mind? Here is what we’d like you to do.
- No later than February 28, use the Contact form on this website to let us know your nominee(s) along with with a brief description of their role or contributions. A few sentences is sufficient at this stage in the process.
- Be available for follow-up in case more information is needed.
- Publicize this Call for Nominations to other SABR members with an interest in baseball cards.
On our end, we (your committee co-chairs, Nick and Jason) will vet the nominees and then work with our Awards Subcommittee to choose the award winner.
- 2022 – Dr. James Beckett
- 2021 – Doug McWilliams
- 2020 – Mike Aronstein
ABOUT JEFFERSON BURDICK
For a wealth of great articles on our award’s namesake, head to the Burdick section of the “Old Baseball Cards” library.
2 thoughts on “Call for Nominations – 2023 Jefferson Burdick Award”
I’m assuming there’s an error- the beginning of the email says “Through January 31…”?